Sunday, June 12, 2011

List 57


Love: The original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I love its combination of magic and madness, and Gene Wilder's performance is perfect. Friday night I plan to introduce the movie to Stella. I hope she listens to the Oompa Loompas' views on what constitutes good and bad child behavior. And that the trippy boat scene doesn't prompt a week of bad dreams.




Like: Mid-Century Modern Finds. I've been trolling their site regularly looking for things for the studio. Like this bar cart (which I think Erich is vetoing.)


Discovery: Bocce ball before dinner. Our go-to regular restaurant, Oakland's Pizzaiolo, has a bocce ball court on its lovely back patio. Nothing like a game and a Negroni as a warm up to their Greatest Of All Time meatballs. A friend told me about Bar Bocce in Sausalito, which throws a fire pit and a view into the mix as well. I'm anxious to check it out.




Obsession: Avocado salads. Not avocado in salads, mind you, but avocado as the main event - sliced, drizzled with a bit of oil and sprinkled with sea salt. Wayfare Tavern's version with hearts of palm kicked this fixation off. But I've been gathering versions to try at home this summer.



Complaint: Why did I stop playing tennis? I grew up playing and watching Borg and McEnroe and Evert. I played on the team in high school. But sometime in adulthood I stopped. This past weekend I picked up a racket again. It was fun. I'll continue. But I completely suck. Time for lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment