Friday, September 30, 2011

List 67

Love: That the Milwaukee Brewers have won the NL Central - their first division win since 1982.  Aside from the Brewers being the team I grew up with, it's hard to not love a team whose home stands feature a "sausage race" in the bottom of the sixth inning - a bratwurst, a kielbasa, an Italian sausage, a chorizo and a hot dog, racing around the field.


Like: Tavern League, a book of artful photographs of old school Wisconsin taverns, many of which are cooler than any big city bar could ever try to be.





Discovery: This portrait of Milwaukee artist Jack Madsen and his wife from 1955, found at Milwaukee's Riverview Antiques store a few years ago. They look super chic and timeless.  



Obsession: The Thorn Miniatures at the Chicago Art Institute.  Whenever I'm in town (as I was for business these past few days), I make a stop here to see these little rooms. The level of detail at this tiny scale is pretty amazing.



Complaint: That Top Shop has yet to open in San Francisco.  I went through their flagship U.S. store in Chicago and there was the potential to need to buy an extra suitcase. I know you can shop online, but I prefer to wander a store.

No comments:

Post a Comment