Thursday, September 22, 2011

List 66


Love: Having a garden, again.  Now that all the work we've been doing on the house and yard is done, we finally have planting boxes and have put in a passle of herbs, lettuces and winter crops like kale, broccoli and carrots.

Like: Philodendruns.  We have a fairly horrible track record with house plants, and the cats like to shred the leaves, but I just love the exotic vibe of these plants, and the lush hit of green they add to interiors.

Discovery: I Am Love, which was sitting in its Netflix envelope gathering dust for half a year until I finally chose it for treadmill viewing a few days ago.  Set in a beautifully photographed Milan, it stars the always amazing Tilda Swinton as a Russian woman who married into a wealthy Italian family decades ago and who, after one fateful night, is shaken from her passive, luxe life.  


Obsession:  Pinterest (again). Back in List 3, I was into stalking a few people whose style I admired on Pinterest, but not pinning myself.  Now, I am developing a pinning problem (though not as much as certain friends and co-workers), snapping up images for my many boards. 



Complaint:  The tease of Fall cooking magazines in my mailbox.  The recipes and photographs of dishes like braised short ribs, chicken pot pies, savory stuffed pumpkins, butternut squash soup and rustic apple tarts make me ache for for cooler, cozy weather and a fire in the fireplace.  But it's only just now getting warm in the Bay Area.

No comments:

Post a Comment