Monday, November 1, 2010

List 27


Love: My friend Sean sent me a link to this Paris versus New York blog, which is described as a "friendly visual match" between the two great cities. Fingers crossed that creator Vahram makes these available as prints for purchase. I will be first in line. http://parisvsnyc.blogspot.com/




Like: A weekend afternoon spent cooking, while listening to Belle & Sebastian's new record "Write About Love" and Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti's "Before Today" - especially the song "Round & Round."



Discovery: Trappist Rochefort beers. I first had the 8 in Seattle at Quinn's this past Spring, then Chicago's The Publican turned me on to the 10. If I were a beer myself, the 10 would be my new boyfriend.

Obsession: Come Fall, we host an annual Choucroute Garni dinner: braised sauerkraut and a wide array of pork products - a bit of bacon, smoked pork chops, sausages - and a massive selection of mustards. (The Maine Maple Champagne Mustard from The Pasta Shop at Market Hall in Oakland was this year's star.) The dinner is a once year indulgence. And the recipe I use is from the Gourmet cookbook.



Complaint: This says it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment