Wednesday, October 27, 2010

List 26


Love: The Shining. It's my all time favorite scary movie. Watching a man go mad over a period of months while snowed in with his family is much more terrifying (and interesting) than watching some guy in a mask slash up frisky co-eds.




Like: The grown-up grilled cheese feature in the October Martha Stewart magazine, with combinations like Gruyere, Apple & Sage on Rye or Cheddar, Cherry Preserves & Basil on White. Seems like a good pre Trick-or-Treating dinner idea.


Discovery: When I was a kid, we wore out the grooves on this weird Halloween record my parents got us. I have so many memories of sitting in the dark in the rec room with my sister and brother, listening to it and freaking out. It's been re-released on iTunes. And it's even more messed up than I remembered, with this creepy lady narrating little scary vignettes. Ah, old-school no-carseats childhood.



Obsession: Stella's Star Wars obsession means this year's costume is Princess Leia. Depending on how ambitious we are Friday night after a glass or two of wine, we may attempt a Lucas-approved pumpkin too. Apparently there is a solid intersection of geeks + crafty people as I found these fairly epic pumpkins while searching for stencil designs.





Complaint: When Erich forgets to take the left-over Halloween candy into work the day after Halloween, forcing me to eat too much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment