Thursday, July 14, 2011

List 61


Love: Soniat House in New Orleans, an idyllic bed and breakfast and the perfect home base for exploring one of the world's most original cities. It's on the edge of the French Quarter, a comfortable distance from the not-for-me Bourbon Street scene. The breakfast in the courtyard is lovely.




Like: Steellllllaaaaaa! P.S., Marlon Brando, what happened to you?



Discovery: The National World War II Museum. It started as a tribute to D-Day, since the Higgins boats that made the beach invasions possible were manufactured in Louisiana. Overtime, the museum's scope has expanded to include the Pacific Theater and exhibits on the homefront as well.










Obsession: Bouligney Tavern. I love when bars or restaurants take over little houses. (Bonus if they're painted grey!) The Bouligney's lounge decor and vibe are right up my alley.











Complaint: That I didn't stick with Treme. The first couple of episodes that I did watch were a bit slow, but I have faith that David Simon will weave his spell, and need to make time to catch up.


No comments:

Post a Comment