Thursday, April 21, 2011

List 50

Love: Using brown eggs, rather than white ones, for dyed Easter eggs. The colors turn out mellower and more interesting, with speckles showing through.



Like: These Peeps tributes to iconic movie scenes, sent to me by my friend Gigi, who knows how much I dig any kind of diorama.




Discovery: Risotto for brunch. I never would have considered that before, but this recipe for Bacon and Leek Risotto with a Poached Egg looks like the perfect Easter brunch idea.
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/04/bacon_and_leek_risotto_with_poached_egg


Obsession: I like dark, moody paint colors for the house - "Monk's Cloth" brown, "Thunderhead" grey, etc. But I have always wanted a room inspired by certain Easter colors - like Robin's Egg Blue, or sea green. Maybe a slightly darker Peacock blue would be a nice middle ground.




Complaint: Easter is almost upon us and I have yet to enjoy my annual Cadbury caramel egg.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the egg photo. I'm going to opt for brown over white this afternoon when B and I plan to dye eggs. Also, I've made this risotto recipe before and it is yummy but very rich and heavy. Maybe serve small portions with a yummy salad to balance it. Or maybe you can hold off on some of the bacon fat the recipe asks for. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the brown eggs effect, too! Also thought this was a new twist on dying eggs: http://www.marthastewart.com/article/silk-dyed-easter-eggs

    ReplyDelete