Wednesday, February 9, 2011

List 40


Love: Giant, a sprawling, epic movie about ranching, oil, and clashing cultures in Texas, with great performances from James Dean, Rock Hudson, Elizabeth Taylor and a young Dennis Hopper.


Like: A steak house dinner. When in Rome...




Discovery: Years ago, when working on a new business pitch, I had the chance to go on a Porsche road rally drive across Texas, from Houston to Marathon. The Gage Hotel in Marathon was very cool, and a good base for exploring the beautiful Big Bend National Park which sprawls along the Rio Grande.





Obsession: Timothy Olyphant, the current crush. Not that Justified is set in Texas, but honestly, I challenge any man from the Lone Star State to wear a cowboy hat better than Olyphant's Raylan Givens. I liked Olyphant in Deadwood and love him in Justified, which happily is back for Season 2 starting tonight.



Complaint: That I haven't spent time in Austin, which I expect I'd really dig.

2 comments:

  1. Come to Austin and I'll show you around Kelly!

    - Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to sometime, Dionne. We miss seeing you in Healdsburg, by the way.

    ReplyDelete