Thursday, September 2, 2010

List 16



Love: I fell off the low-carb wagon a few years ago. One thing I'm glad is back on the menu, at least in moderation, are sandwiches. Specifically those decadent high brow-low brow sandwiches. The ones made by really good chefs using really good ingredients. Like Bunk's tuna melt and pulled pork (in Portland), and The Sentinel's Reuben.





Like: San Francisco magazine's Best Sandwiches issue. Some co-workers of mine are in the process of trying everything on the list and sharing the results on their blog Club Sandwich: A Sandwich Club. http://csasc.tumblr.com/



Discovery: Star Wars sandwich cutters for Stella's lunch, from Williams Sonoma. My girl has inherited my geek gene.



Obsession: Sandwich-y desserts. Like the sandwich cookies from Seattle's Dahlia bakery, which my sister introduced me too. (Thank God I don't live there. It could get ugly.) And when it's hot out, my go-to summer dessert is homemade ice cream sandwiches. Actually, more accurately, they're merely home assembled. I use Nabisco's chocolate wafer cookies and an assortment of ice creams like coffee, dulce de leche, chocolate and mint. You can even get fancy and roll the edges in crushed nuts.



Complaint: When a sandwich's bread gets soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment